Participates in all aspects of the financial statement close cycle and operational accounting function to ensure accurate and timely recording of accounting transactions for royalties, GPO fees, rebates and other areas as assigned, including journal entries and reconciliations. Ensures compliance with relevant procedures and controls. Support key projects of the accounting department as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review, analyze and summarize royalty agreements, record related transactions in each monthly close.
- Maintain accurate system configuration for all royalty agreements within management software.
- Prepare quarterly payout summary and analysis for senior management.
- Primary point of contact on royalties accounting. Track all HCP royalty contracts and product launches to ensure timely payment of royalties.
- Perform accounting for Rebates and GPO programs; provide calculation support to internal customers on program data and payment information.
- Prepare and review balance sheet reconciliations for specific accounts as assigned, prepare key financial reports and schedules for financial and management reporting.
- Prepares schedules and reports for quarterly reviews, year-end audit, and compliance reviews and audits as required.
- Support design, modification, and implementation of accounting processes and/or systems to ensure accurate recognition of financial transactions.
- Plays an integral role in ensuring that day-to-day controls are operating as designed.
- Conduct technical accounting research and analysis.
- Manage complex accounting projects and participate as a team member on highly complex projects.
- Adhere to corporate compliance policies, including SOX internal control documentation