Accounting & Finance Manager, Brazil
LATAM, Brazil, Brazil
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
The Accounting and Finance Manager, Brazil, will be responsible for all accounting, finance, tax and project responsibilities of the entity. This position will report functionally to the Accounting & Finance Manager, Corporate Headquarters. The position will also support the local management team in Brazil as well as the International Latin America Leadership team.
The essential functions are:
- Prepare accounting records in accordance with local GAAP. Analyze and track any differences from U.S. GAAP to local GAAP.
- Perform monthly closing of accounting ledger within the overall corporate timelines.
- Maintained a controlled ERP. Generate trial balance and financial statement data.
- Maintain all cash accounts. Record transactions and perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register, focused on the accounting for our capitalized surgical instruments managed within the country and loaned for surgical procedures. Recognition of depreciation monthly.
- Maintenance of the local general ledger, accounts payable ledger, accounts receivable ledger, including month end intercompany balance reconciliation.
- Reconciliation of inventory balances between the subsidiary ledger and general ledger. Ensure alignment between physical quantities and values to general ledger balances.
- Responsible for technical accounting areas covering revenue recognition, inventory obsolescence, prepaid assets, and accrued liabilities.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly corporate reporting of financial results to Corporate HQ in compliance with local and US GAAP.
- Responsible for the compiling of local financial statements and reported information for government reporting.
- Recording of payroll related costs, and coordinating with the payroll service provider for relevant details.
- Handling of tax requirements, including Corporation Tax obligations, Sales Tax and Payroll Tax Filings. Support the Corporate tax team in ensuring compliance with the entity.
- Facilitate the requirements of Internal and External (corporate and statutory) audits.
- Support Treasury and Hedging strategies for local currency.
- Team with Operational and Administrative personnel to ensure compliance with the entity as designed.
- Responsible for building and compiling the Brazil FP&A activities, including quarterly forecasting, annual planning, and long-range planning.
- Planning: team with management to update quarterly forecasts of the entire Brazil P&L, engage management team in the annual budget cycle to build a bottoms-up budget, and update long-range outlook for known / expected changes to business.
- Reporting: providing weekly revenue forecast updates, monthly forecast updates for business reviews, fluctuation analysis, management reporting on business performance.
- Daily budget management: headcount and operating expense control, maintain low levels of DSO, disbursement / purchase requisition / headcount approvals, and other expenditure approvals. Monitor versus current forecast and be a strong voice in cost discipline.
- Analysis: Perform revenue analytics, evaluating distributor / sales agent performance, asset usage efficiency, and planning for potential transactions.
- Cash projections and funding requirements.
- Participate in a variety of projects, including integrations activities, ERP implements and enhancements, policy & procedure establishment and enhancement, etc.
- University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Ability to build strong working relationships and viewed as key asset within Accounting and Finance teams as well as with business partners in a matrix organization.
- Advanced Excel and Proficient with other Microsoft Office Products.
- ERP experience
- Fluent in English
- Qualified Accountant RA, AA, CPA, ACCA, ACA (or local equivalent), ‘Big 4’ training a plus.
- Proven experience in performing with cross-functional teams and projects to accomplish desired results, and confident in communicating with senior members of management within an Int’l division (business).
- Extensive accounting, financial planning & management experience (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flows) – 5+ years
- Knowledge of spine market, medical device or orthopedics a benefit, but not required
- Med Synergy / ERP experience preferred
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.