Accounts Payable Lead
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
As a Lead Accounts Payable Specialist at NuVasive, you will perform accounts payable processing; along with team-oriented leadership with training and direction. This is a great position for someone with a passion for accounting, an acute attention to detail, and sense of urgency. Because you have a passion for your work, you find win-win solutions to various complex situations in a timely manner. You possess an innate ability to excel in a fast-paced environment by using your time management and multitasking skills to balance competing initiatives with firm deadlines. Your tasks will be varied and diverse including the following:
Processing of invoices within accounts payable, including coding, circulating for approvals, and organizing disbursement runs.
Process all check requests for payment and ensure proper approval.
Process and distribute A/P checks weekly; ensure all vendors are paid in a timely manner. Correspond with vendors as needed to resolve pending payment issues.
Match and enter all PO invoices from inventory and non-inventory vendors, research and resolve all quantity and price variances with urgency, and maintain excellent communication with the vendor and buyer on all PO issues to prevent supply constraints.
Prepare PO Receipt of Goods/Receipt of Invoice variance research and resolutions and review weekly with AP Manager; report final by month end deadline.
Prepare and distribute 1099 and other related tax forms.
Responsible for hands-on processing of complex vendor accounts, maintaining vendor master file, A/P Module, credit memos, vendor relations, vendor statement reconciliation, and resolving discrepancies.
Train, guide staff and lead department bi-weekly meetings.
Perform duties in compliance with SOX.
Administration use of Accounts Payable workflow tool, COR 360, to manage invoice approvals and integrate with Company’s ERP system.
Monitor and analyze specific accounts payable operations, such as: invoice research, royalty, commission and tax payments, perform follow up with internal and external clients; problem solve; and standardization of input. Communicate with other departments and with vendors regarding our position on relevant issues. Design/revise forms, tools, and procedures to improve efficiency. Perform specific accounts payable output duties, and special projects, as needed.
- Perform accounting month-end close duties, including accruals.
- Maintain the vendor master setup through SharePoint.
- Manage American Express Corporate Card: shareowner support, oversee credit limit adjustments, handling past due accounts, handling complains and communication of issues to AMEX Cards Services.
- Lead project activities related to accounts payable functions, bringing value to the company through total cost reduction, streamlining workflow, automation, etc.
- Perform in a leadership capacity to the Accounts Payable team, specifically when Sr. Accounts Payable Manager is unavailable.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Strong oral and written communication skills including ability to develop and deliver effective presentations.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, keeps commitments, take responsibility and demonstrate initiative
- High motivation, positive, can-do attitude, requiring little or minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in using Excel and other Microsoft Office Products, ability to work independently in a fast paced environment, overseeing multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Strong experience in SAP, Great Plains, Oracle or other large ERP system.
- Prior experience with SAP, Concur or other T&E systems preferred; prior accounting experiences a plus.
- Managerial or supervisory experience to accounts payable personnel or key processes
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.