Assoc. Product Manager, Computer Assisted Surgery
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
This is a unique opportunity to help drive direction of a suite of Computer Assisted Surgery (CAS) technologies and execute on strategic initiatives for growth at NuVasive. As an Associate Product Manager, you will be involved in the management and development process, associated branding, technique, sales training and product launch. You will also provide direction and support of products and applications that deliver data-driven insights to our customers. Ultimately, you will help deliver clinically superior technology that will provide you with visibility to upstream strategic initiatives along with downstream market development. You need to be motivated and ready to immerse yourself in order to become a subject matter expert in game-changing technologies.
- Partner with engineering team to coordinate the development of products and procedures to support and grow the CAS business.
- Identify strategic opportunities to optimize market share and profitability. Work with IOS Market Development team to implement strategies and assist in outlining tactical plans.
- Team up with Marketing peers on procedurally integrated solutions for spine surgery.
- Work with technical services team to provide solutions-oriented applications for customers.
- Provide product support to sales force and assist in meeting sales objectives.
- Lend technical expertise and training to a wide variety of audiences including sales, engineering, marketing, and other internal and external customers.
- Conduct marketing analysis to define, develop and implement product and procedure solutions.
- Identify and track market trends, provide guidance on market opportunities.
- Manage day to day progress of projects and products, including participation in key sales situations for the product.
- Maintain communication with a wide variety of functional groups to collect and analyze technical, financial, and sales information.
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of related industry experience
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially with Word and Excel
- Strong interest in reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Expertise in writing reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong mathematical skills with the ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, margins, etc.
- Ability to solve and interpret problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- 1-2+ years related experience in Product Marketing/Management
- Previous experience in medical device marketing
- Experience in computer-aided or software-aided medical devices
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.