US, US, TN - Memphis
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: TN - Memphis
NuVasive is an innovative medical device company focused on developing minimally disruptive surgical products and procedurally integrated solutions for the spine. The Company is the 3rd largest player in the $8.2 billion global spine market. With a focus on Speed of Innovation®, Absolute Responsiveness®, and Superior Clinical Outcomes, we are revolutionizing how spine procedures are performed on patients around the world.
· Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, and other listed information on packing slips to verify accuracy of purchase orders and shipping orders.
· Compiles data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, and other records.
· Verifies inventory computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors and reports documenting reasons for discrepancies with proposed corrective action.
· Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in process production reports, and status of material locations.
· Compiles information on receipt of disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
· Prepares reports such as inventory balance, price and shortages taking necessary actions to reconcile discrepancies in a timely manner.
· Prepare all necessary shipping documentation and ensure that shipments are tracked to destination.
· Package materials and equipment ensuring that shipping documentation is accurate and materials are protected adequately for shipment.
· Determine most efficient and economical routing and mode of transportation.
· Initiate investigations into causes of misdirected shipments, damage or shortages in shipments or overcharges in freight cost
· Assist in the development of processes and procedures for inventory, receiving, shipping, and administrative responsibilities resulting in cost and efficiency improvements.
· Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
· High School Diploma or equivalent and 1+ year(s) related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, and graphs.
· Competency in navigating the Internet.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
· Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and/or concrete variables.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shocks, explosives, risk of radiation, and vibration.
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!