Associate Machinist Ti Turn - Weekend Warrior - 6th shift
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: OH - West Carrollton
6th Shift Hours: 12 hour shifts
11:00 PM Friday - 11:30 AM Monday
The associate machinist is responsible for the overall function of a CNC machine. Providing open communication regarding production and routing any malfunctions to the appropriate person. The associate machinist helps in driving quality and establishing best practices to ensure the highest quality and output of the machine.
- Maintains the machine area and reports any maintenance issues.
- Plans and performs basic machine set-ups.
- Performs visual and dimensional inspections to verify compliance with specifications.
- Performs rework as necessary.
- Utilizes Work Orders, blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions to determine machining process, procedures, tooling and fixtures requirements.
- Ensure the tools with the machine match those on the tool list.
- Loading and unloading parts onto the machine.
- Enters information into the router and fill out the machine report sheet.
- Stores the parts in their appropriate place.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Ensure that safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with co-workers and management.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- One to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Trade School/Certificate Program in machining helpful.
Medical device experience preferred.
When applying to this role you will be completing a 20 – 30 minute assessment. Please make sure you have time to complete this assessment before initiating your application.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.