Associate Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
US, US, OH - Dayton
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: OH - Dayton
This position is responsible for trouble shooting, preventive maintenance, mechanical checks, construction, installation, moving, repairing and maintenance of all electronic, electrical and mechanical equipment and/or systems within NuVasive facilities and/or assigned Value Stream(s). Primary function is to perform industrial machine repair/service with some knowledge of any or all of the following: electrical, electronics, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, spindles, ball screws, bearings, servo controls, and/or machine controllers.
- Perform a wide range of general building and equipment maintenance, such as plumbing, general electrical, carpentry, sheet metal and fabrication design, and sheet metal repair work.
- Working knowledge of a full array of industrial electronics and controls including but not limited to: relay logic and controls, automation interlocking, machine control circuits, sensors, switches, timers, wiring and ladder diagrams, sequencers, variable speed motor drives, servo controls, etc., preferred
- Working knowledge and skills including mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and a working knowledge of all electrical equipment and systems up to 480 volts 3 phase industrial plant electrical wiring
- Move, setup and level machines. Install guards and see that machines are lubricated and properly operational.
- Perform equipment preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical malfunctions/breakdowns, recommend and/originate proper activity to repair.
- Utilize maintenance equipment (including but not limited to: saws, grinders, CNC mills and lathes, etc.) to perform machining duties as needed.
- Maintain cleanliness of department floors and machinery.
- Communicate with and utilize outside services and support as necessary to troubleshoot problems, provide project and maintenance assistance and offer technical resources.
- Support and assist other maintenance personnel as directed by department supervisor.
- Follow all department policies and procedures and performs all tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Support and adhere to all applicable OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Ability to obtain a forklift driver's license.
- High School Diploma or GED·
- Hands on experience of troubleshooting industrial machinery
- 1 year plus CNC machinery and controls experience
- State Indentured Apprenticeship, Associates, or technical school, preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, operating, and maintenance manuals.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
Join one of our Talent Communities
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!