Associate Manufacturing Manager - 1st shift
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Associates Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: OH - West Carrollton
The Production Associate Manager is responsible for the daily activities, supervision and leadership of an assigned manufacturing area. This position reports directly to the Sr. Manager/Superintendent and will assist in the achievement of company Goals and Objectives to build out and maintain a World Class Operation. The Manufacturing Manager will drive culture and processes that promote continuous improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost. This will be accomplished by developing a self-directed, empowered work force.
- Directs the development and implementation of activities in production areas to meet performance, schedule, quality, cost, and budget objectives.
- Maintains stable workflow processes and oversees production performance metrics/results.
- Interacts frequently with engineering, group managers, customers, and other company units.
- Plans for the department’s future needs and operations.
- Maintains/ensures compliance with all company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Determines best approach to managing processes/resources and resolving operational issues.
- Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for solving problems.
- Analyzes diverse situational and data-driven issues and drives process improvements in order to meet unit objectives.
- Provides direct supervision to individual contributors and supports production activities.
- Manages teamwork and drives end results, guided by both long and short term objectives.
- Establishes individual performance objectives for all direct reports in accordance with company goals.
- Provides guidance, constructive input and motivation.
- Counsels individual contributors on performance, delivers performance evaluations, and contributes to Shareowner pay decisions/changes.
- Communicates and manages conflict effectively through difficult conversations.
- Adapts communication techniques for a variety of audiences.
- Provides support for continued organizational growth by recruiting, selecting and onboarding new individual contributors.
- Ensures individual contributors receive appropriate training through instruction and professional development.
- Leads engagement and collaboration efforts across cross-functional teams.
- Effectively engage in conflict management.
- Able to engage in difficult conversations with positive results.
- Build and support shareowner led teams.
- Engage in regular coaching and leadership development of direct reports.
- Establish and maintain structure with direct reports.
- Place a high priority on culture development centered around performance.
- Ability to promote shareowner creativity with a postive attitude.
- Ability to balance company needs and goals with individual concerns and goals.
- Proactively able to develop an atmosphere of trust.
- Able to offer and openly receive constructive feedback.
- Able to clearly define expectations and hold all shareowners equally accountable to those expectations.
- Confidence to empower direct reports.
- Able to solicit, define, support, and lead continuous improvement projects.
- Associates Degree or equivalent credits.
- 3 years of Manufacturing experience minimum.
- 3 years of people Leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of a time keeping system.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, and graphs.
- Competency in navigating the Internet.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write business reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, shareowner, and management of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures using basic arithmetic.
- Ability to solve and interpret problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The shareowner must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the shareowner is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The shareowner is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Expectation is the leadership role will spend the majority of their time on the production floor leading and supporting their team. The manufacturing environment is safe and clean.
- This position requires <10% of travel.
- Other duties and tasks may be required.
Manufacturing process knowledge preferred in: turning, milling, secondary processing, assembly, and cleaning. Knowledge of ISO 13485.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.