Associate Software Engineer, Testing
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
As a Associate Software Engineer, Testing at NuVasive, you will relish your exciting role on our IT Team. This opportunity allows you to contribute on several levels in the organization to support the objectives of the IT department. Each day presents exciting new challenges as you tackle a variety of work including:
- Starting at the requirements definition phase of the lifecycle and continues through production installation, you will participate in requirement reviews, generating test material (test scripts and test data) with guidance from the Project Team, and conducting system, integration, regression and parallel test in accordance with the documented Test Approach.
- Track testing activities and assigned work for each release and help resolve issues that are escalated with the Project and/or release team.
- Act as a subject matter expert regarding the solution that is being built, determining how to verify that the solution correctly meets the requirements, and conduct testing to ensure a quality solution that meets or exceeds the businesses’ needs.
- Coordinate projects and requirements across separate technical and functional teams to ensure effective delivery of solutions.
- Execute and carry out of the Test Plan and completing the Test Approach.
- Attend meetings as directed by the Manager and will be actively involved in the testing process.
- Participate in Release Testing, generates release notes and Post Test Reviews as scheduled.
- Assist in the preparation of test plans and test approaches.
- Ensure the proper execution of software test plans and test approaches.
- Analyze requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects.
- Keep track of the new changes to requirements
- Arrange the Hardware and software requirement for the Test Setup.
- Create and send the Status Report (Daily, Weekly etc.).
- Track and report testing activities, defects discovered and their status, etc. for each release.
- Assist in performing any applicable maintenance to tools used in testing and resolve issues if any. Log all related issues in the defect tracking tool identified for the project.
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Possess Technical background and an analytic mind
- Operate with a customer-focused attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years’ experience with Software Quality Assurance, testing methodologies, and application software development processes.
- Solid understanding of the Software development lifecycle.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, graphing and internet research as well as internet proficiency.
- Solid knowledge of project management software and techniques
- Experience with Automated Testing tools
- International Software Testing Qualification Board - Certified
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.