US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
Our Benefits Analyst is an integral part of the team and is responsible for administering and communicating the company's global health and welfare benefits program with regards to plan options, policy features, enrollment and other requirements. You’ll assist in the administration and maintenance of corporate benefits programs, including monitoring, researching, and conducting quantitative analyses on current processes, trends and compliance requirements relative to benefits in the US and globally.
- Reconcile all benefits programs between HRIS/Payroll system and vendors on premiums and eligibility
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and works closely with the leave administrator
- Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities
- Assure company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act, Affordable Care Act along with federal and state agencies requirements
- Process and administer Workers Compensation injury claims and reporting requirements with Worker’s Compensation vendor
- Process and administer all benefit appeals requests and reporting requirements
- Manage benefit and wellness-related communications in the US and globally
- Track budgets
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience in Human Resources, specifically administering benefits programs
- Strong customer service acumen and ability communicate effectively with new and existing employees, 3rd party vendors, and executives on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes, claims issues, technical issues, and other general inquiries
- Hands on experience with LOAs, FMLA, Workers Comp, and other benefits programs
- Computer savvy with extensive experience with MS Office, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- HRIS or other related mainframe systems is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements affecting employee benefit programs including ERISA. COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, Social Security and DOL requirements
- Experience with international, social insurance programs
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.