Billing & Collections Specialist
US, US, MD - Columbia
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: MD - Columbia
This position is responsible for invoicing, processing, and collecting for facilities under the direct supervision of the Associate Manager, Facility Billing & Collections.
- Comply with all applicable company policies and procedures
- Responsible for working knowledge of computer applications as pertains to billing functions of the organization
- Under general supervision, coordinates all billing and prepares the same for submission to facilities
- Review of invoices for appropriate quantities, coding, charges, and rates as well as compliance to contractual obligations
- Sending invoices and other correspondence to facilities
- Follow up with facilities to collect open billings in a timely manner
- Management of accounts receivable outstanding to facility accounts
- Identify and report to management issues regarding facility billing and collection
- Review and log correspondence regarding unpaid invoice for facility billing and collection
- Other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to function as a polite and cooperative team member with a positive attitude
NuVasive Clinical Services
is a leading provider of intraoperative neuromonitoring (IONM) services to surgeons and healthcare facilities, through the acquisitions of Impulse Monitoring
and Biotronic NeuroNetwork
. Surgeons have enhanced surgical monitoring and oversight capabilities through neurophysiological data gathered via broadband transmission. IONM technology gives those in the operating room real-time insight into the nervous system, which can help surgeons reduce surgical risk by providing critical information and alerts throughout the procedure. This neural function monitoring helps decrease the chance of nerve damage to the patient and promotes patient safety during surgery. NuVasive Clinical Services is expected to serve more than 90,000+ cases annually in the U.S. From over 450 highly trained neurophysiologists in the operating room, to technicians and scheduling staff available 24/7, NuVasive Clinical Services can help support improved clinical outcomes.
NuVasive Clinical Services is a division within NuVasive, Inc., a world leader in minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated spine solutions. From complex spinal deformity to degenerative spinal conditions, NuVasive is transforming spine surgery with innovative technologies designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven surgical outcomes. NuVasive's highly differentiated, procedurally-integrated solutions include access instruments, implantable hardware and software systems for surgical planning and reconciliation technology that centers on achieving the global alignment of the spine. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.