Billing & Collections Specialist
US, US, MI - Ann Arbor
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: MI - Ann Arbor
This position is responsible for processing, maintaining records, and adjusting accounts as needed in collections under the direct supervision of the Manager Billing and Collections.
- Understand and comply with all governmental, regulatory and company billing and compliance regulations/policies all assigned payers
- Follow-up with payers, patients and other appropriate parties to collect open billings in a timely manner and to ensure compliance with billing regulations.
- Identify and report to management payer issues with regards to billing and collections.
- Review and log correspondence regarding pending/denied payer claims
- Address denial and non-payments to correct and identify how to correct the billings
- Follow up on and complete tasks on pending accounts until accounts are rectified.
- Management of Accounts Receivable outstanding to payers
- Process, maintain records, and adjust accounts that need corrections such as performing write offs, adjustments, and transferring of accounts receivable
- Obtain needed and or corrected information by contacting the patient, physician’s office, hospital, next of kin, insurance carrier, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Prior medical collections experience preferred
- Familiarity with payer rules and regulations
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of assigned payer reimbursement guidelines and government, regulatory and company billing and compliance regulations/policies for assigned payers
- Knowledge of telephone, computers, and medical billing systems preferred
- Able to function as a polite and cooperative team member with a positive attitude
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and maintain confidentiality
NuVasive Clinical Services is a leading provider of intraoperative neuromonitoring (IONM) services to surgeons and healthcare facilities, through the acquisitions of Impulse Monitoring and Biotronic NeuroNetwork. Surgeons have enhanced surgical monitoring and oversight capabilities through neurophysiological data gathered via broadband transmission. IONM technology gives those in the operating room real-time insight into the nervous system, which can help surgeons reduce surgical risk by providing critical information and alerts throughout the procedure. This neural function monitoring helps decrease the chance of nerve damage to the patient and promotes patient safety during surgery. NuVasive Clinical Services is expected to serve more than 90,000+ cases annually in the U.S. From over 450 highly trained neurophysiologists in the operating room, to technicians and scheduling staff available 24/7, NuVasive Clinical Services can help support improved clinical outcomes.
NuVasive Clinical Services is a division within NuVasive, Inc., a world leader in minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated spine solutions. From complex spinal deformity to degenerative spinal conditions, NuVasive is transforming spine surgery with innovative technologies designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven surgical outcomes. NuVasive's highly differentiated, procedurally-integrated solutions include access instruments, implantable hardware and software systems for surgical planning and reconciliation technology that centers on achieving the global alignment of the spine. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.