Business Analyst - IT Service Management
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
NuVasive’s dynamic IT team has an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Analyst - ITSM to join our team! Each day will offer new challenges as you tackle a variety of tasks including:
- Being detail oriented, self-motivated, Team Player having excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Defining and re-defining the IT strategic direction for release management tools for IT to ensure continuing process requirements of release management are built into the process.
- Leading projects and inter-dependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
- Leading update meetings with cross-functional teams.
- Leading the IT efforts involved with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing and reporting results for annual auditing and certification of compliance of IT Governance Controls
- Liaising with the Internal Audit function for SOX ITGC compliance validation and reporting
- Assisting with enhancing the Continuous Service Improvement process by analyzing and interpreting trends in ITSM performance data
- Leading work with ITSM-related service providers to understand and improve their support and performance metrics.
- Acting as strong team player with excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills used to interact with both technical and non-technical cross functional team members.
- Leading discussions of and documentation of business processes within NuVasive
- Analyzing system functionality with customer and identifying gaps
- Providing solutions for identified gaps in customer support functionality
- Prepare written documentation - both functional and technical - for a wide variety of system analysis or specifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline.
- Demonstrable understanding of the ITIL Service Management framework across the entire service lifecycle.
- 4+ years of related work experience, preferably in a Business Process Analyst / Process Improvement, ITIL Analyst, or IT Governance and Compliance role including significant experience working with Business Service Management tools. (i.e. Service Now)
- Demonstrable strong understanding of Information Technology operations, infrastructure and application management processes.
- Significant experience with robust documentation management systems.
- Background in knowledge management practices and tools.
- Experience & understanding of incident management and prioritization processes.
- Experience & understanding & improving customer service processes.
- Experience and understanding of IT General governance controls
- 3 - 6 years of IT related work experience.
- Training in and experience administrating a ServiceNow instance.
- Demonstrable understanding of Information Technology operations.
- Experience with a fast paced and demanding IT environment.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, graphing, and internet research.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Technical background and a demonstrably analytic mind.
- Customer-focused attitude and aptitude
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, business, or other similar course of study
- Experience working in a healthcare environment preferred, but not required.
- ITIL Foundation Certification preferred.
- SharePoint preferred.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience working in a medical device environment
- Experience supporting multiple customers in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- Ability to effectively work with all levels of personnel within the organization.
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation and reporting requirements
- Service Now Administration certification
- ITIL Foundations V3 Certification
- IT Service Management training
- Knowledge of and 2-5 years of experience in basic programming techniques
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.