Business Analyst-SAP FICO
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
The SAP Functional Analyst focused on Finance area will provide functional support of SAP FI/CO modules for NuVasive USA and Netherlands Businesses. Tier 2 and Tier 3 SAP Support for our Finance, Accounting and Tax departments is part of the essential job functions for this role.
- Provides specialist level functional and configuration knowledge in designing SAP solutions in the FICO modules of ECC 6.
- Applies methodologies such as Unified Modeling Language ("UML") and Rational Unified Process ("RUP") and prepares detailed specifications using case statements and related documentation.
- Should have sound configuration knowledge of master data, GL, AP, AR, Asset accounting, Product costing, COPA, Treasury - Cash and Bank accounting including new GL accounting, automatic payment programs and closing cockpit.
- Bank Accounting Configuration and Support by House Bank, Account ID, DME and EBS.
- Understand dependency between FI and CO and other logistics modules.
- Understands configuration dependencies and interrelationships between separate functional modules of SAP and provide financial expertise into the definition and resolution of issues in this area with this knowledge
- Conducts or participates in user requirements gathering, blueprinting & documentation designs. Ensure compliance to existing, and development of required data and reporting standards.
- Ensure the integrity of the finance configuration of the SAP system across multiple geographies.
- Support business implementations by sharing best practice configuration skills.
- Assist with responding to user requirements, problem resolution, develop designs, and process modeling.
- Conduct configuration changes to accommodate change requests and prototype activities.
- Demonstrate proof of concept & assist in training activities Perform initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements and new functionality.
- Work with the Service Desk to facilitate incident & problem resolution. Work with SAP to resolve software bugs.
- Keep abreast of SAP releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
- Participate in release upgrade or new functionality / enhancement assessments and make recommendations.
- Perform break/fix analysis and recommend solutions for finance related processes.
- Develops functional specifications and works with Technical personnel resources to complete object development and testing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Finance or Business Administration is a plus
- SAP Certification a huge plus
- 1 year of functional experience in SAP version ECC 6.0 or later, in full lifecycle implementations and upgrade projects is a plus
- Experience in a GMP and SOX based process manufacturing/distribution setting is required.
- Medical Device Industry Knowledge a plus. Knowledge of FDA and HIPPAA Regulated system a plus
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.