Business Analyst, SAP
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: OH - West Carrollton
Our Business Analyst for Manufacturing Systems is the liaison between internal customers and the software development team throughout the entire software development life cycle. You'll be an advisor to the development team around configuration strategies, projects, tasks, and operations. You'll support technology projects specific to implementing and sustaining manufacturing business processes in ERP (SAP) and MES (Camstar) and other software solutions to support supply, manufacturing and operations. Active involvement throughout the project lifecycle is essential in this role.
Some of the activities you'll be responsible for include defining/documenting business requirements, developing system/process designs, functional specification development, technical specifications, technical design, configuration, development, planning and execution of system testing, documentation and training, implementation and resource planning. To accomplish this, you will elicit primary product requirements from various sources and translate those elements into system requirements represented by storyboards, annotations, and use cases using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, established use cases, action scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Analyze data, processes and other quantitative information and provide solutions to complex problems. Identify areas for business process improvement and establish effective and efficient system processes to support operations
- Participate in requirements prioritization, peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly
- Quickly and thoroughly understand the issues faced by the end user shareowners and help resolve them quickly to ensure smooth flow of work
- Perform changes and upgrade to ERP and/or MES solution to support business requirement and migrate the changes to Production systems
- Provide Dashboards and other Business critical reports using various reporting tools.
- Provide end-user support and troubleshooting (e.g. reporting, training, transaction analysis)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Manufacturing, Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years designing manufacturing processes and configuring them in SAP Manufacturing, Production Planning and Warehouse Management modules
- Experience developing reports and dashboards
- Strong software product management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Experience performing data analysis in a business setting
- Experience documenting business requirements, executing change management during a project and maintaining documentation
- Experience creating and maintaining user training materials and/or leading user trainings of business functions
- Experience planning and conducting software testing
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), PowerPoint, charting, flow charting, graphing and internet research
- Knowledge of Camstar MES
- Experience integrating ERP systems with MES systems
- Agile Scrum Certification
- Experience in the medical device field including knowledge of applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to ISO 13485
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.