Our Business Analyst for Manufacturing Systems is the liaison between internal customers and the software development team throughout the entire software development life cycle. You'll be an advisor to the development team around configuration strategies, projects, tasks, and operations. You'll support technology projects specific to implementing and sustaining manufacturing business processes in ERP (SAP) and MES (Camstar) and other software solutions to support supply, manufacturing and operations. Active involvement throughout the project lifecycle is essential in this role. Some of the activities you'll be responsible for include defining/documenting business requirements, developing system/process designs, functional specification development, technical specifications, technical design, configuration, development, planning and execution of system testing, documentation and training, implementation and resource planning. To accomplish this, you will elicit primary product requirements from various sources and translate those elements into system requirements represented by storyboards, annotations, and use cases using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, established use cases, action scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Analyze data, processes and other quantitative information and provide solutions to complex problems. Identify areas for business process improvement and establish effective and efficient system processes to support operations.
- Participate in requirements prioritization, peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Quickly and thoroughly understand the issues faced by the end user shareowners and help resolve them quickly to ensure smooth flow of work.
- Perform changes and upgrade to ERP and/or MES solution to support business requirement and migrate the changes to Production systems.
- Provide Dashboards and other Business critical reports using various reporting tools.
- Provide end-user support and troubleshooting (e.g. reporting, training, transaction analysis)