US, US, Field
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Field State: Illinois
Summary: Responsible for effectively supporting the sales revenue and product mix requirements for the territory.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Support clinical fulfillment of NuVasive procedures in the territory while driving the development of relationships with key spine surgeon and hospital customers.
Acquire clinical competency skills with all NuVasive products to meet and exceed the standards for the role of Clinical Associate in an elite sales force.
Surgical case coverage is required, with the goal of providing the highest degree of value to surgeon and patient. Competencies will include all necessary activities before, during and after a case to ensure that customers are optimally served and sales objectives are met. These include but are not limited to:
1. Ordering of all required sets, instruments and supplies
2. Compliance with individual hospital regulations and requirements upon which introduction of products will depend.
3. In servicing of surgeons and hospital staff
4. Case coverage
5. Required paperwork for processing P.O.s, etc.
6. Interact with surgeons and surgical team to communicate monitoring data in accordance with the Company’s and/or Hospital’s policies and procedures.
7. Pre-operative consultation with surgeon regarding structures at risk and modalities to be monitored.
8. Accurate placement of stimulating and recording electrodes.
9. Maintain equipment in proper working order and conduct semi-annual maintenance checks. Identify appropriate protocol and perform troubleshooting techniques to assure accurate data collection.
10. Deliver services properly and according to Company procedures/standards.
Able to provide competent case coverage to other territories if and when needed.
Adhere to T&E budget as provided by the company.
Provide regular monthly and timely reporting on a variety of topics including expense reports,vcase feedback, sales performance/penetration, market feedback, competitive activities, new target accounts, ideas regarding sales growth and new product development opportunities.
Provide formal communication of customer needs to the sales team for the purpose of improving existing product and developing new products.
Provide check/balance for field travel time and expenditures, in order to serve surgeons and hospitals that offer the best sales potential.
Perform duties in compliance with applicable regulations and standards such as FDA Quality System Regulation and ISO (International Organization for Standardization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Basic knowledge and understanding of the following:
· The surgical procedure being performed including blood pressure and other physiologic factors.
· The anatomy of monitored pathways, including source of blood supply and electrode derivations and generators of EP components.
· Pre-operative deficits, intraoperative injuries and possible post-operative outcomes.
· Waveform changes.
· Principles of modern anesthetic techniques.
· The operating room environment