Coordinator, Project Management Team
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: CA - San Diego
We are looking for a motivated and detail-oriented Project Coordinator to support new product development projects within the Global Implant Systems pipeline, involving duties ranging from execution of simple activities to more complex plans.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our Project Management and Development Engineering teams to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and routing documents for approval. To succeed in this role, you must have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with consultants and internal teams to deliver results. Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to help ensure projects are completed on-time, within budget and in accordance with quality standards.
- Assist in creating and monitoring project timelines
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Organize cross-functional meetings to support critical project management activities
- Create presentations for a variety of meeting types
- Help prepare budget estimates and coordinate budget approvals
- Maintain Launch Trackers in preparation for upcoming launch dates
- Perform risk management activities
- Review and manage monthly project status reports
- Create Design History File binders for new projects
- Route design control documentation for signature approvals
- Proven 2+ years work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar advanced administrative role
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management, ability to independently manage a variety of complex or difficult tasks using standard protocols
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills, ability to work effectively across different teams
- Familiarity with risk management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- BS in Business Administration or related field, preferred not required
- Hands-on experience with project management tools such as Microsoft Excel or Project
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.