Customer Experience Specialist
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
This is a full-time position reporting into the office of the EVP of Strategy, Technology, and Corporate Development.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the planning and execution of business meetings for NuVasive’s highest priority surgeon customers. These meetings will occur on-site at NuVasive’s headquarters in San Diego (75%) and off-site R&D and Advisory Board meetings (25%) across the US.
- Collaborate between departments, primarily Research & Development, Surgeon Education, Contracts, and field Sales Leadership to ensure quality surgeon engagement for highest priority surgeon customers.
- Communicate directly with surgeon customers to arrange travel and meetings.
- Coordinate with Event Coordinators to arrange travel including flights, hotel reservations, and ground transportation using online travel and expense program or the assistance of our outside travel partner. Manage the development of surgeons’ agendas for business meetings.
- Create documents, spreadsheets, and presentations to manage customer information.
- Assist with the processing and filing of expense reports on a monthly or bi-monthly basis.
- Provide project or program support, including but not limited to: budget planning, budget tracking, PO creation and vendor management. Duties will include review of proposals and agreements for the department and the ability to negotiate changes with the providers as needed prior to department head review.
- Follow-up on tasks assigned to ensure completion by set deadlines.
- Streamline department operations, processes and procedures enhancing productivity and cost savings opportunities in all aspects of department operations.
- Support any projects as required by the Leadership team, as requested, including participation of surgeon customers in the annual National Sales Meeting.
- Be an integral part of the office of the EVP and provide backup/supplementary support when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
- 4 years of experience as a senior administrative assistance or meeting planner/event coordinator.
- 2 years of experience working collaboratively with highly cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate professionally, verbally and in written form, with executives, internal and external customers a must.
- High proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data.
- Project management skills with ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Ability to work interpedently and make decisions with positive results.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.