US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
- Develop SKU-level financial and operational forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function. Develop New Product forecasts, End of Life forecasts, and understand impact of product cannibalization and Life Cycle changes.
- Review historical sales trends, research and interpret demand drivers, understand market forces, prepare forecast data, develop and administer statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Interact with Sales, Marketing, Development Engineering, and customer finance to understand and interpret demand forecast drivers, to determine their impact to future forecasts.
- Coordinate a collaborative and consensus approach (S&OP) by working with Sales, Marketing, Development, and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs.
- · Closely coordinate and communicate Forecasts with supply planning, inventory management, and distribution functions where appropriate.
Create statistical forecasts:
- Gather, analyze and validate data
- Execute statistical modeling software
- Review resulting statistical forecast model
- Apply error analysis techniques to improve forecastin
- Summarize/aggregate statistical forecasts
- Seek out new data relationships and leverage them for improvements
Review sales plans, Marketing Promotions, Financial Annual Operating Plan updates or Latest Estimates and demand drivers:
- Present, solicit, and assess feedback on the various forecasts from Sales, Marketing, and Finance
- Recommend adjustments for operational forecasts
- Review promotional plans with Sales/Marketing
Achieve consensus for operational demand forecasts by facilitating a collaborative planning process with sales, marketing and finance personnel:
- Prepare relevant material to facilitate research, discussion, and to empower decision-making.
Maintain demand planning system and software
- Enter and modify data and ensure the correctness master and dynamic data
- Monitor, understand, and leverage FC Error data to improve Forecasts
- Identify relevant market-related data and competitive intelligence
- Prepare and maintain relevant reports pertaining to demand planning processes and procedures
- Work tightly with cross-departmental groups to coordinate flawless launch planning and execution for new product introduction
- Drive process improvements and standardization by either streamlining existing or introducing a new process where one doesn’t exist.
- Display mastery of Demand Planning Software
- Regularly and consistently support Associate Demand Planners and Demand Planners
- Meet monthly with Purchasing, Production Planning, Marketing, Sales, and Finance to review product line FC error
- Meet Monthly with Purchasing, Production Planning, Marketing, Sales, and Finance to reach consensus on Strategic/Tactical Revenue Goals.
- Manage several different types of BOMs in SAP.
- Take charge of S&OP processes on your product lines, including coordinating gathering data from Finance, Sales, Marketing, and the International Planning team.
- Partner with Set Planning to ensure build and replenishment needs are supported with appropriate planning, and are appropriately scaled to meet a single monthly revenue goal across all materials.
- Partner with Set Planning to aid in completing complicated set consolidation projects, and launching new set configurations.
- Drive new-hire training and onboarding improvements for Associate Demand Planners and Demand Planners
- Actively participate in new-hire training, and onboarding for Associate Demand Planners and Demand Planners
- Mentor Associate Demand Planners and Demand Planners
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 4 to 6 years of related planning experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient and accurate with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Advanced Excel and Access skills required for success in this position.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve and interpret problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Strong statistical, analytical and problem solving ability. Entrepreneurial spirit is a must. Experience working with detailed product line forecasts and familiarity with the sales and operations planning process (S&OP). Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with low volume, high mix product lines highly preferred. APICS or IBF certification preferred.
- SAP experience in MM, PP, and SD preferred. Experience with Cognos preferred.
- Skills relative to Forecasting; Standard Deviation, Forecast Error, Bias, regression analysis, seasonality, cyclicality, etc. are highly preferred.
- SMOP experience preferred
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.