Development Engineer (Atlanta, GA)
US, US, Field
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Field State: GA
This is an exciting role for a talented entry-level Engineer. To help you grow your technical skills and engineering career, we will provide training and mentorship on meaningful projects that focus on mechanical design of components and assemblies. Technical activities you’ll be immersed in include Cervical and Thoracolumbar Interbody projects leading to product improvement, and the following:
- Contribute documentation in support of project Design History Files.
- Gain cadaver lab/OR experience
- Interface effectively with suppliers and become educated on manufacturing methods and capabilities.
- Gain experience in aspects of product development process - Testing, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, etc.
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 1-3 years of previous experience
- Previous CAD experience is essential - preferably Creo (Pro/E)
- High proficiency in MS Office, especially with Word and Excel
- Strong ability to read and interpret documents such as drawings, safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals
- Effective communication skills and presentation ability to convey information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and peers
- Experience in the healthcare industry, preferably medical device experience, ideally in spine
- Ability/willingness to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
Join one of our Talent Communities
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!