Development Engineer - Product Engineering
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
This is an exciting role for a talented entry-level Engineer to work on our Sustaining Engineering products. To help you grow in your technical skills and engineering career, we will provide training and mentorship as you hone your skills as you work on mechanical design of components and assemblies. Technical activities include projects leading to product improvement. You will also contribute on several levels including:
- Contribute documentation for support of project Design History Files.
- Gain cadaver lab/OR experience – support MVP’s (C-Arm training).
- Interface effectively with suppliers and become educated on manufacturing methods and capabilities.
- Gain experience in aspects of product development process (Testing, Marketing, Quality, Regulatory, etc.).
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline
- 0-3 years of previous experience
- Previous CAD experience is essential - preferably Pro/E or SolidWorks.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, and graphs as well as competency in navigating the Internet.
- Ability/willingness to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Experience in the healthcare industry, preferably medical device experience, ideally in spine or orthopedics.
When applying to this role you will be completing a 15 – 20 minute assessment. Please make sure you have time to complete this assessment before initiating your application.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.