US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: OH - West Carrollton
The EHS Manager develops, coordinates and implements management systems to provide high levels of EHS protection for NuVasive Manufacturing.
- Advises management and takes actions to ensure compliance with OSHA, EPA, DOT, and company EHS regulations.
- Manages accident and hazard investigations and recommends and/or implements corrective actions.
- Conducts required EHS inspections and assists with internal EHS auditing programs.
- Develops, conducts and coordinates EHS related training for NuVasive Manufacturing sites.
- Approves new chemicals and coordinates Industrial Hygiene program to ensure that employee exposure to chemicals and environmental conditions are properly controlled.
- Manages the Hearing Conservation, Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, Respiratory Protection, Blood Borne Pathogen, Hazard Communication and Chemical Hygiene programs for the NuVasive Manufacturing.
- Assists with development, implementation, and revision of site EHS procedures and promotional materials.
- Develop/Coordinate Emergency Response activities and Medical First Responder program.
- Maintains necessary EHS related documentation and EHS metric data.
- Promotes EHS program at NuVasive Manufacturing through internal publications and encourages consideration of EHS impact during decision making process and integration of EHS responsibilities.
- Assists with all other EHS management activities.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Prefer BS in environmental or chemical engineering, safety management or industrial risk management or related experience. 6 years' experience managing Health & Safety programs in a manufacturing plant environment.
- Must be proficient with internet searches and computer use including Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write business reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, shareowner, and management of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures using basic arithmetic.
- Previous experience developing and implementing Safety Programs from scratch along with excellent interpersonal skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated assertiveness, plus influencing and collaboration skills.
- Auditing and training skills.
- A working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Knowledge of worker's compensation
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is an active position that requires the ability to work in many environments including outdoors sometimes in bad weather, on rooftops, climb ladders bend, stoop and crawl as needed. Must be able to lift 75 lbs, complete other physical work. Must be able to see well enough to complete the tasks as indicated above.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration.
This position requires <10% of travel.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.