Now is the perfect time to join a growing company with an extremely noble cause. At NuVasive, you will not only help to drive business value, but actually see its impact. As part of NuVasive’s IT organization, you will be joining the best IT business in the spine industry. In IT, we are in a unique position which allows us to positively impact patients’ lives. As a part of our team, you will truly make a difference in someone’s life.
This role will be responsible for applying data warehouse principles, theories, and concepts to build data architecture, ETL development and operational support. This person will help data-gathering requirements, manage, investigate, and resolve data quality issues, conduct data analysis and mining including Big Data solutions, and design and implement reporting solutions. This role will require working with remote development teams to complete projects on schedule and provide production / operation off hours support.
• Gather requirements, Analyze, Design, Develop and enhance ETL solutions – may involve BI reports, models and Cubes as needed for development / troubleshooting
• Provide production support related to ETL schedules, tasks and work with other BI/ IT team members and service desk to resolve data refresh issues –
• Work with onshore/ offshore resources for development/ support efforts
• Have the ability to work with users, BI and ERP teams to get ETL solutions developed and implemented
• Performance tuning and enhancement of data loads, SQL and ETL processes and prepare related technical documentation
• Maintain quality control, document technical specs and unit testing to ensure accuracy and quality of BI data
• Provide data governance practices in data administration, data integration, and data modeling
• Communicate very clearly and professionally with users, peers, and all levels of management. The communication forms include written and verbal methods
• Adhere to the processes and work policies defined by management
• Participate in ad-hoc BI/ DW projects as required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university with major in Computer Science or Information systems preferred.
7+ years in ETL development:
• Expert knowledge of data warehouse architecture
• Expertise in dimensional modeling, star schema designs including best practices for use of indexes, partitioning, and data loading.
• Strong experience writing Stored procedures , preferably in SQL Server (T-SQL)
• Strong experience writing / tuning SQL statements
• Strong experience developing software applications as part of a team, employing practical and effective software design concepts.
• Experience in trouble shooting data warehouse refresh issues and validation of BI reports/ EDW data with source systems.
• Experience in predictive tools such as R, Python, SAS, SPSS, etc. is desirable
• Understanding of Web services and object-oriented programming experience in a C#/.NET environment a plus
• Understanding of Big data ecosystem and big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Flume etc
• Well versed with database administration tasks and working with DBAs to monitor and resolve SQL / ETL issues and performance tuning
• Independent problems solving skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interact positively with peer groups within IT / BI teams and management.
• Open to learn and acquire new skills.
• Preferred experience with Informatica Powercenter (V9 and above), Datastage or other ETL tool
• Preferred with experience working in the SAP ECC or other ERP products
• Preferred experience in Informatica Cloud
• Preferred experience with SAP BW and/or ABAP
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.