Engineer, Research & Testing
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
Our Engineer will work on establishing testing requirements for biomechanical evaluation of spinal implants, instrumentation and materials. You'll also conduct mechanical testing, critically analyze data and prepare clear, complete and accurate technical engineering documentation.
- Assist with testing lab operations, including equipment calibration/maintenance, safety/compliance programs and driving efficiency. Maintain and develop new test procedures.
- Participate in preparation and execution of cadaveric biomechanical studies.
- Work on multiple problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrate sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques to obtain solutions.
- Provide technical support to Development, Regulatory, Marketing and surgeon customers
- BS or MS in mechanical or biomedical engineering, with strong structural mechanics fundamentals
- 1+ years medical device industry experience
- Operation of testing systems (e.g., MTS, Instron)
- Experience navigating regulatory pathways (510(k), IDE, international).
- Agile, resourceful problem solver, detail oriented and organized
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to communicate test results to internal customers and regulatory agencies.
- Experience in the orthopedic industry experience, specifically spine
- Software expertise (e.g., Matlab, LabView)
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
Join one of our Talent Communities
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!