Leader, Finance - US Commercial
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
NuVasive is seeking a seasoned leader to join our finance leadership team with responsibilities for leading financial forecasting, reporting & analysis for our U.S. Commercial Finance team. Reporting to the Leader, Finance for the commercial organization, this individual will partner with business leadership to develop actionable annual and quarterly forecasts and work with the finance and accounting teams to oversee the monthly financial close and deliver robust monthly reporting that highlight key business drivers and risks.
This position plays a key role in achieving the growth goals of the business by partnering with a cross-functional team to provide strategic recommendations to enhance customer relationships and maximize the growth of existing client accounts. Additionally, this individual will be responsible to provide support and leadership on key strategic business and M&A initiatives.
- Support key business partners within the U.S. Commercial function, providing ongoing analytical support including preparing budgets and forecasts, and providing guidance and advice to senior business leaders.
- Partner extensively with field sales, sales operations, and the services organization to develops key financial measures and reporting to track overall performance and drive toward plan.
- Lead the analytical process for month end close, managing teams to completion.
- Conduct special studies to analyze complex financial scenarios and prepare recommendations for policy, procedure, control, or action.
- Partner with the leader of U.S. Commercial to guide the development of financial forecasting tools to support business case development.
- Make recommendations to senior leadership regarding cost savings or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Ensures proper controls are in place and operating effectively to safeguard company assets and ensure compliance with SOX 404 requirements.
- Interface with accounting and tax professionals contracted by the company; interface with individuals from governmental and regulatory agencies; coordinate management of the accounting system software and hardware with computer professionals.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; motivating, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 12+ years of experience in Finance / Accounting
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong data management skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel
- CPA, MBA or CMA
- Medical device experience
- Prior experience in M&A
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is a world leader in minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated spine solutions. From complex spinal deformity to degenerative spinal conditions, NuVasive is transforming spine surgery with innovative technologies designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven surgical outcomes. NuVasive's highly differentiated, procedurally-integrated solutions include access instruments, implantable hardware and software systems for surgical planning and reconciliation technology that centers on achieving the global alignment of the spine. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
Join one of our Talent Communities
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!