Finance Manager, Clinical Services
US, US, MD - Columbia
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: MD - Columbia
This role is an integral part supporting the NuVasive Clinical Services business. This finance leader will provide P&L management with insight into the financial performance of the business, while providing financial support to translate strategy into execution. The candidate will be responsible for the financial analysis, planning, and reporting activities related to revenue, COGS, gross margin, and operating expenses of business.
- Key member of the business leadership team
Work cross-functionally across multiple locations with billings & collections, IT, HR, operations, sales, sales ops, and corporate finance
- Coordinate with operations, sales, and HR to provide the business with analytics needed to drive revenue and profitability growth. Develop regional P&Ls and KPIs/analytics to educate operational business leaders on business growth levers
- Serve as finance lead for M&A integration, profitability initiatives and business model analysis.
- Drive revenue forecasting including analysis of collections and professional payer reserve impact to ASP
- Lead forecast/budgeting process and loads, as well as variance analysis for the business unit.
- Support business leaders in strategic planning and develop monthly executive-level summary packages that illustrate progress against business targets
- Directly or indirectly oversee analytics provided by other teams
- Ad hoc modeling and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
Nature and Scope:
- Applies broad knowledge to act as a key contributor on complex or critical assignments; contributes to the standards around which others will operate.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Leads projects of moderate scope (may be cross functional or involve multiple teams); works on complex issues and is guided by expected outcomes; acts as an advisor/coach to mentor other team members.
- Develops solutions and execution strategies in complicated or novel situations.
- Networks outside of area of expertise; provides advice to ensure understanding of non-technical matters.
- Impacts the business by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others in area of specialization.
- Requires a minimum of 4 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Service business experience required
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience forecasting revenue within a payer environment
- Ability to work with management at all levels and lead major projects and initiatives
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across the organization
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.