Finance Manager, Operations
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyze every day financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to upper management on future financial plans.
The goal is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives.
- Work cross-functionally across multiple locations with distribution, IT, operations, quality, regulatory and corporate finance
- Providing financial reports and interpreting financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Maintaining the financial health of the organization.
- Provide training and support to one direct report.
- Coordinate with operations leaders to provide the business with analytics needed to drive revenue and profitability growth.
- Serve as finance lead for profitability initiatives and business model analysis.
- Lead forecast/budgeting process and loads, as well as variance analysis for the business unit.
- Support business leaders in strategic planning and develop monthly executive-level summary packages that illustrate progress against business targets
- Ad hoc modeling and analysis
- Other duties as assigned
Nature and Scope:
- Applies broad knowledge to act as a key contributor on complex or critical assignments; contributes to the standards around which others will operate.
- Leads projects of moderate scope (may be cross functional or involve multiple teams); works on complex issues and is guided by expected outcomes; acts as an advisor/coach to mentor other team members.
- Develops solutions and execution strategies in complicated or novel situations.
- Impacts the business by influencing decisions through advice, counsel or facilitating services to others in area of specialization.
- Requires a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
- BA/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- CPA/CFA and/or MBA
- Ability to work with management at all levels and lead major projects and initiatives
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across the organization
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Strong in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.