US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 50%
Location: CA - San Diego
The Product Owner and Manager of Sales Systems in IT will define and deliver transformative web and mobile solutions that measurably impact the achievement of business results. This leader will provide business requirements and direction for all sales supporting business systems and applications, including CRM, Surgical Case Management, Pricing Requests, and other areas. They will also create and execute on a roadmap for external commercial applications. They will have a demonstrated ability to align leaders, craft a vision, and solve complex business problems for both internal and external commercial users. Work with peers, team and vendors to develop and coordinate strategy, architecture, roadmap, budget, and execution of efficient and innovative systems. This leader will have the experience in complete life-cycle deployments of custom web and mobile applications.
This role will be involved in all aspects of the business application development life cycle including requirements, analysis, design, build, testing, cutover, implementation, documentation, and change management with emphasis on business and functional requirements, end user solution adoption and post go-live support. Each day will provide new challenges as we take NuVasive to new heights. The tasks will be varied, including:
· Solicit feedback from external subject matter experts, management, customers and other stakeholders and ultimately use judgment and experience to make the best decisions for the product.
· Creativity and inventiveness required for developing successful products. Resourcefulness to creatively meet deadlines, to differentiate product, and to drive innovation in our commercial systems.
· Work with commercial teams to research and analyze application needs.
· Determine product requirements/specifications as User Stories.
· Work with architecture team to ensure compatibility with product suite
· Develop and communicate product roadmap
· Conduct market research to understand commercially available products and competitive apps
· Collaborate with subject matter experts to better understand market needs and trends, and translate them into creative product solutions
· Partner with key stakeholders to oversee the development and delivery of the product
· Coordinate with product Scrum Master and team and participate in Scrum related activities, as Product Owner
· Provide support as needed, as well as help train applications support team.
· Provide cross-functional problem identification and resolution
· Coordinate with the PMO and Engineering team on internal and external resources to ensure successful implementation of projects according to plans, budgets, and schedules.
· Provide post-implementation review details about associated incidents, problems, and errors; through reviews with the business to continuously improve IT value and delivery mechanisms.
· Partner with business leadership and other key stakeholders to drive support approval and prioritization processes.Quick to identify problems that need resolution, skillful at gathering and analyzing information.
· Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Business or equivalent background and experience.
· Six plus years’ experience in solution delivery, with direct experience with commercial web and mobile applications. Proven track record in developing elegant and effective solutions.
· Experience with interfacing with ERP systems such as SAP ECC a plus.
· Experience with Agile and Scrum methodologies a must.
· Experience with loaner management systems a plus.
· Experience with Medical Device Systems a plus.
· Prior hands-on experience in application development, delivery & implementation, and/or systems integration required.
· Proven ability to manage the execution of delivery requirements as required, including project requirements definition and scope of engagements.
· Proven ability to direct others in the management of required business development tasks and assist in developing and maintaining client relationships.
· Strong oral and written communication skills; strong interpersonal and team-building skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
· Strong public speaking experience. This role will be tasked to give public presentations to executive and senior leadership.
· Broad technical background including understanding of relational database management systems, open systems, and object oriented design, analysis, and development preferred.
· Must have experience in successfully managing resources assigned to technical projects.
· Requires a flexible schedule and extended hours worked as necessary.The ability to handle multiple demands and tasks while keeping a positive, results-focused attitude toward clients, sub-contractors and other company and project team members.
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!