IT Support Specialist
US, US, MD - Columbia
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: MD - Columbia
Resolves IT hardware, software and networking issues. Works independently to monitor and maintain the items mentioned below under the supervision of the Site Lead.
- Creates PC and laptop configurations and handles machine imaging
- Supports PC’s, laptops, printers, basic networking, neuromonitoring software, Custom applications, employees and contractors
- Tracks equipment inventory and handles shipping and receiving
- Interacts with hardware vendors handling warranty claims and service
- Performs preventative maintenance on systems mentioned above
- Configures and issues company equipment including phones, clinical devices, PCs, tablets, etc.
- Trains internal and external customers on IT systems as needed
- Works with client hospitals, IT staff and field techs to maintain and troubleshoot laptop, networking, VPN and software issues
Resolves IT hardware and software issues.
Strong understanding of:
- Customer Service
- Networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, wireless protocols and network connectivity troubleshooting
- Windows 7 and 10
- Microsoft Office and messaging products
- Computer imaging and user profile setup
- Technical troubleshooting methodology and documentation
- Certifications (A+, Network +, MCSA) or equivalent experience (2+ yrs. in IT)
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.