IT Support Specialist
US, US, MD - Columbia
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: MD - Columbia
Our IT Support Specialist works diligently to resolve IT hardware, software and networking issues for our proprietary systems that support clinical teams deployed to operating rooms around the country. The IT Support Specialist works independently to monitor and maintain the items enumerated below under the supervision of the Site Lead.
- Create PC and laptop configurations and handles machine imaging
- Support PCs, laptops, printers, basic networking, neuromonitoring software, custom applications for our employees and contractors
- Track equipment inventory and handle shipping and receiving
- Interact with hardware vendors handling warranty claims and service
- Perform preventative maintenance on systems mentioned above
- Onboard and Offboard users across our platforms
- Configure and issue company equipment to employees including phones, clinical devices, PCs, tablets, etc.
- Train internal and external customers on IT systems as needed
- Work with client hospitals, IT staff and field techs to maintain and troubleshoot laptop, networking, VPN and software issues
- Strong customer services experience, and ability to provide clear and concise instructions as related to solving technical issues
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals including TCP/IP, wireless protocols and network connectivity
- Windows 7 and 10
- Microsoft Office and messaging products
- Computer imaging and user profile setup
- Technical troubleshooting methodology and documentation
- Certifications (A+, Network +, MCSA) or equivalent experience (2+ yrs. in IT)
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.