US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
Now is the perfect time to join a growing company with an extremely noble cause. At NuVasive, you will not only help to drive business value, but actually see its impact. As part of NuVasive’s IT organization, you will be joining the best IT business in the spine industry. In IT, we are in a unique position which allows us to positively impact patients’ lives. As a part of our team, you will truly make a difference in someone’s life.
You will be joining a diverse team of IT professionals responsible for providing the solutions to support the organizations growth within your functional area. Your experience and guidance will drive and shape the technical landscape of this growing and dynamic organization. The Infrastructure Architect at NuVasive manages vendor relations and act as a lead in the following areas: Networking, Systems, Storage, Cloud, DR & BCP.
- Evaluate and recommend network software & hardware technologies and products.
- Must have a passion for documentation - Create and maintain network diagrams and supporting network documentation.
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of disaster recovery procedures.
- Stays current & relevant with new approaches, industry best practices, standards, relevant architectural principles.
- Ensures that technology planning and practices are aligned with strategic business goals and the company’s overall strategic roadmaps.
- Proactively research and recommend new IT solutions that help toward cost savings for the enterprise.
- Review and evaluate current products and infrastructure to identify areas of improvement.
- Ensures compliance to technology strategy, architecture strategy, and adherence to architectural patterns and practices across development, delivery, and operational lifecycles.
- Serves as a role model and mentor.
- Performs hands-on technical work, as required.
- Familiarity with Cisco IOS, and PanOS.
- Linux/Unix networking knowledge strongly desired.
- Knowledge or experience with Cisco ASA and Palo Alto Firewalls is a plus.
- Scripting experience (shell scripts, Perl, Python, Ansible) is a plus.
- Experience with network monitoring applications such as Zabbix, SolarWinds. Splunk is a plus.
- Proven ability to analyze and solve network incidents at all layers.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to drive issue resolution.
- Ability to partner with peers who are globally distributed is a key part of this role.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in working on Internet and data center networks.
- Possess a solid understanding of and have experience with most of the following network technologies: BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, HSRP/VRRP, IPSEC, SNMP.
- Deep, hands-on experience with TCP/IP protocols including capturing and analyzing traffic with Wireshark and/or other tools.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.