Insurance Verification Specialist
US, US, MD - Columbia
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: MD - Columbia
This position is responsible for verifying insurance, diagnosis coding, charge generation, and insurance claim submissions.
- Comply with all applicable company policies and procedures
- Acquire information from various referral sources necessary to bill and collect for services rendered.
- Verify that all of the patients information uploaded is correct and accurate.
- Enter proper diagnosis and missing patient data into company systems
- Activate patients within the billing system
- Communicate information to the surgeon’s office to ensure requested information is completed accurately and returned to us in a timely manner.
- Review medical documents and patient information to ensure insurance criteria is met prior to processing order.
- Maintain assigned reports on a daily basis.
- Receive and process proper paperwork for billing purposes and for new cases.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Familiarity with ICD-10, CPT code, and medical terminology
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Able to function as a polite and cooperative team member with a positive attitude
NuVasive Clinical Services is a division within NuVasive, Inc., a world leader in minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated spine solutions. From complex spinal deformity to degenerative spinal conditions, NuVasive is transforming spine surgery with innovative technologies designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven surgical outcomes. NuVasive's highly differentiated, procedurally-integrated solutions include access instruments, implantable hardware and software systems for surgical planning and reconciliation technology that centers on achieving the global alignment of the spine. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.