Insurance Verification Specialist
US, US, MD - Columbia
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: MD - Columbia
- The Insurance Verification Specialist is responsible for certifying that sufficient information is available for accurate verification and eligibility submissions prior to the surgery date.
- Responsible for obtaining any missing information required to complete verification by contacting the surgeon’s offices, hospital scheduling departments, or utilizing individual payer websites.
- Completion of verification of patient insurance coverage prior to surgery to ensure the insurance information that is provided is accurate and the patient is eligible for in or outpatient surgical services.
- Enters data in an accurate manner to keep updated patient information in the organization’s insurance system to ensure the timely and accurate submission of claims.
- This professional also serves as a valuable resource to patients, providing them with pertinent information regarding their coverage and IOM services.
- Works closely with the Billing Manager to provide education to the Billing and Collections team on new and changing insurance plans and any subsequent processes necessary to complete clean claims submissions.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Billing Manager.
- High School graduate (or equivalent)
- Minimum of 3 years of insurance verification and or billing and collections experience
- Experience working in a multi-state practice is a plus.
- Knowledge of online insurance verifications is necessary.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is a must.
- Solid time management, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task are necessary.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) is required.
NuVasive Clinical Services is a leading provider of intraoperative neuromonitoring (IONM) services to surgeons and healthcare facilities, through the acquisitions of Impulse Monitoring and Biotronic NeuroNetwork. Surgeons have enhanced surgical monitoring and oversight capabilities through neurophysiological data gathered via broadband transmission. IONM technology gives those in the operating room real-time insight into the nervous system, which can help surgeons reduce surgical risk by providing critical information and alerts throughout the procedure. This neural function monitoring helps decrease the chance of nerve damage to the patient and promotes patient safety during surgery. NuVasive Clinical Services is expected to serve more than 90,000+ cases annually in the U.S. From over 450 highly trained neurophysiologists in the operating room, to technicians and scheduling staff available 24/7, NuVasive Clinical Services can help support improved clinical outcomes.
NuVasive Clinical Services is a division within NuVasive, Inc., a world leader in minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated spine solutions. From complex spinal deformity to degenerative spinal conditions, NuVasive is transforming spine surgery with innovative technologies designed to deliver reproducible and clinically proven surgical outcomes. NuVasive's highly differentiated, procedurally-integrated solutions include access instruments, implantable hardware and software systems for surgical planning and reconciliation technology that centers on achieving the global alignment of the spine. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries around the world. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.