Intern, Software Test Engineer
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Location: CA - San Diego
Join the NuVasive Surgical Intelligence Software Dev Team this Summer as a Software Test Engineer Intern. This opportunity will help you grow in your career and we will provide training and mentorship as you hone your skills and build confidence. During this internship, you will also have an opportunity to:
Test current windows-based software, web applications, and services. You’ll be of an equally talented team of testers and developers who take pride in the work we do and the quality code we produce. As a test professional, you relish the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of the SDLC and creating automated test cases. Because you always have an eye on quality code, you take pride in managing the system regression and integration testing phases at the end of every release cycle. With an eye on detail, you verify and recreate defects submitted by clients, other testers, and the development team, view error logs and troubleshoot to isolate system issues and develop tools and scripts to automate performance and load testing. You thoroughly enjoy trying to reveal the defects and fix them at their root cause!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- In pursuit of Bachelor’s or a Master's degree in Computer Science Software Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Must be currently enrolled in school with a successful completion of 3 years of undergraduate studies ((minimum of 90 credit hours towards Bachelor’s degree)
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5
- Ability to provide college transcripts as well as a letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- Candidates are responsible for their own housing and transportation during the internship
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- 1+ of software test/QA experience
- Proficiency with system and regression testing, verification protocols, and continuous integration
- Familiarity with .NET, C# and/or SQLTFS/Visual Studio Test Manager and associated tools
- Automation tools such as Ranorex, Coded UI, etc.
- Ability and willingness to build automated test framework
- Experience with a SCRUM/Agile environment
- Experience with web application/web services testing
- Experience with Azure
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.