Internal Communication Manager
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: OH - West Carrollton
In the Manager, Internal Communications role at NuVasive, you will be responsible for developing and implementing communication plans and activities that will keep our Shareowners informed, current and knowledgeable about company initiatives and projects designed to advance NuVasive’s culture and strategy. This role will ensure an integrated approach to providing information to staff across all functions. As Manager, Internal Communications, you will design and instruct departments and functions as to how to communicate effectively with the entire organization. This role will coordinate the timing and method of messages from various departments to maximize attention and minimize communication burden on staff. The Manager, Internal Communications role partners closely with GEC, Global Operations Leadership and Human Resources to advise on all aspects of Shareowner-related communications. This position will be based in our Ohio facility and report to the Vice President, Investor Relations & Internal Communications.
- Continually survey, evaluate, and recommend integrated technologies and solutions that support internal communications to foster engagement. Consult and advise on Shareowner communications based on current industry best practices for internal and external communications. Assess effectiveness of communication methods to increase reception and retention of messages, introducing new methods as needed and improving or retiring existing methods.
- Engage Shareowners through innovative, attention-getting, credible, reliable, measurable communications programs that support business and cultural objectives. Circulate and interact with Shareowners to foster familiarization with the internal audience.
- Provide strategic counsel and coordination to internal stakeholders on relevance and priority of business updates for specific audiences; develop messaging for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues, workplace programs and other topics to ensure transparency of information and consistency in "voice" and delivery. Ensure all internal communication products are of the highest quality and are properly coordinated, advising key clients on timing and frequency of communications to ensure effectiveness.
- Manage and measure corporate internal communications channels including internal electronic newsletters, "All Hands" and "Town Hall" meetings, corporate intranet, social media, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism or related field.
- 7+ years employee communications experience.
- Direct experience interacting with an organization’s senior management team, including the CEO, is preferred, as well as experience creating executive messaging and all supporting materials (e.g. letters, presentations, speaking points, etc.).
- Experience working with global operations functions including direct manufacturing and distribution sites.
- Experience working with various social media applications.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey highly complex information in clear, compelling ways.
- Familiarity with communications trends and industry techniques, including new media; proficient with current communications platforms and collaboration tools.
- Detail oriented, with an ability to manage complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter with an ability to influence a variety of audiences and interests, displaying good judgment and rationale approach to problem-solving.
Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Photoshop Elements
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.