HR Manager - LATAM
US, US, FL - Miami
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: FL - Miami
As our LATAM focused HR Manager, you be a strategic and hands-on partner, providing full cycle human resources support to our internal clients. You'll be responsible for implementing HR policies, procedures, and programs as well as handle the day-to-day administration of HR processes. Key to the position, is successful partnership with our leadership team to provide advice and counsel to ensure uniformity of HR practices. Home base for this position is in Miami, Florida office, with regular travel to the Puerto Rico, Mexico, Brazil, and other emerging markets within Latin America.
- Provide guidance and input on organizational restructures, workforce planning, succession planning; lead through complex organizational evolutions and change management
- Develop and drive integrated solutions as the organization grows and scales
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with broader HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies to effectively envision, create, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
- Maintain a strategic level business literacy; financial acumen, integration activities, competitive intelligence
- Identify training needs for organization and individual development needs
- Provide day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build productivity, increase productivity and retention
- Manage the full recruitment cycle for the Latin America Region
- Solve problems in complicated situations through the application and integration of analytical skills, creativity, and judgment
- Travel up to 40%
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience, supporting LATAM countries (Brazil, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and other emerging markets)
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, local and national employment laws (U.S. and Latin America)
- Demonstrated experience in managing and resolving complex employee relations issues, including conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
- In-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills including interaction with and and ability to influence Key Opinion Leaders and senior leadership
- Computer savvy with extensive experience with MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in a multi-location services industry, particularly in the LATAM market
- 2+ years experience with resolution of complex employee relation issues
- Fluency in Spanish. Portuguese a plus.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.