Latin America-Human Resource Manager (Miami Based)
US, US, Field
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Field State: Miami, FL
This role will play a strategic and hands-on role that provides full cycle human resources support to your internal clients. Responsible for implementing HR policies, procedures, and programs and day-to-day administration of HR processes. Partner with leadership to provide advice and counsel to ensure uniformity of HR practices. The role will be remotely based in Miami, Florida, at a home office with regular travel to the Puerto Rico, Mexico, Brazil, and other emerging markets within Latin America.
- Develop and drive integrated solutions as the organization grows and scales
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues
- The Sr. HRG formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization
- The Sr. HRG maintains a strategic level business literacy; financial acumen, integration activities, competitive intelligence
- Provide guidance and input on organizational restructures, workforce planning, succession planning; lead through complex organizational evolutions and change management
- Identify training needs for organization and individual development needs
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with broader HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partner with legal department as needed/required
- Provides day to day performance management guidance to management (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build productivity, increase productivity and retention
- Provides HR Policy guidance and interpretation
- Manage the full recruitment cycle for the Latin America Region
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485
- Applies in-depth specialty knowledge within subject area to complete assignments of diverse scope; contributes to the development of new plans, models, standards, and techniques
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments
- Leads projects of limited scope; provides training and constructive input to team members
- Solves problems in complicated situations through the application and integration of analytical skills, creativity, and judgment
- Adapts communication to accommodate audience diversity and may communicate internally at higher levels
- Impacts business performance and operational efficiency through the delivery of results
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Experience in a multi-location services industry strongly preferred; healthcare or medical device a plus.
- 2-5 years of the resolution of complex employee relation issues.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, local and national employment laws (U.S. and Latin America).
- Fluent in Spanish. Portuguese a plus.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, and graphs. Competency in navigating the Internet.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.