Lead Business Analyst
US, US, MD - Columbia
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: MD - Columbia
Now is the perfect time to join a growing company with an extremely noble cause. At NuVasive Clinical Services (NCS), you will not only help to drive business value, but actually see its impact. As part of the NCS IT organization, you will be joining the best IT business in the spine industry. In IT, we are in a unique position which allows us to positively impact patients’ lives. As a part of our team, you will truly make a difference in someone’s life.
You will be joining a diverse team of business and IT professionals responsible for providing the solutions to support the organizations growth within your functional area. Your experience and guidance will drive and shape the technical landscape of this growing and dynamic organization. This Business Analyst at NuVasive designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates programs within the Patient Care/Business Process cycle. You will coordinate between development resources and business customers to identify and enhance business applications in alignment with overall corporate strategic goals. Key Responsibilities include:
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, break down high-level information into details, abstract from low-level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from the underlying business need.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information and functional requirements and deliver project support content as needed.
- Work independently with users as well as under the direction of project managers.
- Engage strong analytical and product management skills and understanding to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams. Step in as higher-tier support when needed to quickly and accurately address system problems and identify solutions.
· Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, graphing and requirements document creation
- Experience working with a global user base, communicating clearly and effectively and using technical expertise to guide projects and enhancements forward to the satisfaction of multiple stakeholders
- Experience coordinating with developers in an agile development environment ensuring use cases and user stories are documented, providing clarity of scope and owner sign off
- Experience performing data analysis in a business setting
- Experience documenting business requirements, executing change management during a project and maintaining documentation
- Experience creating and maintaining user training materials and/or leading user trainings of business functions
- Experience with projects of complex scope involving cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience with all stages of the standard software development lifecycle
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.