Lead Clinical Scientist
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
Our Lead Clinical Scientist for Global Implant Systems (GIS) is key in supporting the development and marketing of spinal implants and procedures for NuVasive, a service provider of intraoperative neuromonitoring and a manufacturer of spinal and specialized orthopaedic devices. The Lead Clinical Scientist - GIS will provide input on scope and prioritization to protocol and post-market clinical follow up (PMCF) plan generation on related products/procedures and contribute to marketing and scientific material generation with literature expertise. Additionally, the Lead Clinical Scientist – GIS will liaise with the Clinical Evaluation Report (CER) team for completion of CERs in compliance with EU MDR relevant to GIS.
- · Responsible for being a subject matter expert on the scientific literature related to NuVasive’s Global Implant Systems (GIS).
- · Will work within the GIS development and marketing teams to provide scientific input on clinical requirements.
- · Will contribute to the creation of marketing materials (e.g., brochures, presentations, surgical techniques) by incorporating literature resources and referencing of specific claims.
- · Will be responsible for referencing and formatting of citation approval for all related GIS global marketing communications documents.
- · Organize and distribute scientific information and literature to the GIS development and marketing teams, in partnership with the library services team.
- · Contribute to the identification and prioritization of evidence collection efforts on GIS, including surgeon initiated studies.
- · Achieve editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, and creatively produced written work for a variety of audiences.
- · Demonstrate a high level of product and procedure knowledge to support research-related questions and independently provide internal/external training as necessary.
- · Assist research and other project team members in additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Biological Science, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in a clinical/scientific or related role in a healthcare-related field/industry.
- Strong understanding and comprehension of the scientific method and general medical terminology.
- Proven experience with and understanding of basic post-market project management, data management, data analysis, and medical writing.
- Strong proficiency with Endnote (or equivalent), MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), scientific search engines (PubMed, Google Scholar), image production software (Photoshop), and online journal/conference submission systems.
- Experience in a clinical or industry setting with study experience focused on Spine, Orthopedics, or Medical Devices
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.