Lead Distribution Coordinator
LATAM, Mexico, Mexico
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Initiates, maintains, and compiles records associated with ordering, receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, and other listed information on packing slips to verify accuracy of purchase orders and shipping orders.
- Compiles data from sources such as contracts, purchase orders, invoices, requisitions, and accounting reports and writes, types, or enters information into computer to maintain inventory, purchasing, shipping, and other records.
- Verifies inventory computations against physical count of stock and adjusts errors and reports documenting reasons for discrepancies with proposed corrective action.
- Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records such as material inventory, in process production reports, and status of material locations.
- Compiles information on receipt of disbursement of material, equipment, merchandise, or supplies, and computes inventory balance, price, and cost.
- Prepares reports such as inventory balance, price and shortages taking necessary actions to reconcile discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Prepare all necessary shipping documentation and ensure that shipments are tracked to destination.
- Package materials and equipment ensuring that shipping documentation is accurate and materials are protected adequately for shipment.
- Determine most efficient and economical routing and mode of transportation.
- Initiate investigations into causes of misdirected shipments, damage or shortages in shipments or overcharges in freight cost
- Coordinate with Sales reps and agents to verify they have the necessary equipment for scheduled surgeries.
- Assist in the development of processes and procedures for inventory, receiving, shipping, and administrative responsibilities resulting in cost and efficiency improvements
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager.
- College Degree and 5+ year(s) related experience in logistics and distribution; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient and accurate with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), charting, flow charting, and graphs.
- Excellent communication skill both verbal and written in English and Spanish
- Competency in navigating the Internet.
- Real sense of urgency
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks while working in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and/or concrete variables.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shocks, explosives, risk of radiation, and vibration.
- Availability to move to Guadalajara, Jalisco for at least 1 year and then return to Mexico City.
- Availability to travel up to 10% (once a month).
Relevant experience in the medical device industry
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.