Lead Medical Writer
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
Our Lead Medical Writer is key in generating and delivering medical writing in support of our research and scientific communication efforts in orthopedic spine devices and related areas. You will have direct interaction with key clients and opinion leaders in both content development and review functions. Because you’re an expert in post-market medical writing, clinical concepts, practices, and procedures, we’ll rely on your extensive experience and judgment to develop appropriate venue-specific content for publications, marketing collateral, and research summaries.
- Generate meeting abstracts and presentations, corporate white papers and reports, book chapters, and journal manuscripts. Lead team to ensure adherence to submission and company-driven deadlines.
- Produce a full range of medical writing in accordance with the needs of the customer and organization with considerations for the target audience, target publication (including adherence to formatting guidelines), publication medium, and level of design/creativity.
- Be a key collaborator with the biostatistics and data management team for complete results interpretation and to ensure the delivery of accurate and relevant output, demonstrating advanced problem solving ability.
- Produce clinical literature summaries for Clinical Evaluation Reports (CERs) in support of EU MDR compliance.
- Lead medical writing efforts for post-market clinical follow up (PMCF) plan generation and summary.
- Achieve editorial excellence, producing clear, accurate, grammatically correct, and creatively written work for a variety of audiences.
- Proactively communicate, as the primary liaison, with all relevant parties and manage medical writing projects to external and internal timelines and deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high level of product and procedure knowledge to support research-related questions and independently provide internal/external training as necessary.
- Provide training, mentorship, and guidance for junior team members in all aspects of medical writing and utility of literature resources.
- Develop and implement corporate procedures for medical writing.
- Assist research and other project team members in additional responsibilities as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Science, Biological Science, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience as a medical writer in a healthcare-related field/industry
- Strong understanding and comprehension of medical terminology
- Proven experience of basic post-market project management, data management, data analysis, and advanced medical writing techniques
- Strong proficiency with Endnote (or equivalent), MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), scientific search engines (PubMed, Google Scholar), image production software (Photoshop), and online journal/conference submission systems
- Graduate degree
- Experience in a clinical or industry setting with study experience focused on Spine, Orthopedics, or Medical Devices
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis software (SAS, SPSS, JMP, R, or equivalent) and diagnostic image analysis software (PACS) preferred
- Medical writing leadership role experience
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.About NuVasiveNuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally disruptive, procedurally integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes. The Company's portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With over $1 billion in revenues, NuVasive has an approximate 2,400 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals, and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.