Lead Security Engineer
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
- Research threat activity and recommend appropriate remediation
- Maintain an accurate audit trail of security events and requests
- Demonstrate exceptional communication and organizational skills in a globally distributed team working closely with cross-functional groups
- Generate, execute, and analyze security reports
- Lead efforts in the development of security tool requirements, trials, and evaluations, as well as security operations procedures and processes.
- Maintain, configure, and analyze network and host-based security platforms including:
- Vulnerability scanning systems and tools
- Network-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS)
- Host-based Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems (HIDS/HIPS)
- File integrity verification and monitoring software
- Application (Layer 7) Firewall
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Log Indexing and Correlation platform
- Anti-virus and anti-spyware console
- Firewall and network access controls lists
- Web and E-mail proxy and filtering systems
- Physical access control systems
- Evaluate systems using vulnerability scanners and manual techniques to verify system security settings and configurations.
- Provide after-hours support on an as needed basis
- 5+ years Information Security Experience·
- Functional knowledge of system and network security fundamentals
- Knowledge of desktop, server, application, database, and network security principles for risk identification and analysis
- Working knowledge of incident response, security infrastructure management, and monitoring services
- Hands on experience with security tools and platforms such as endpoint protection, advanced malware protection, SIEM, DLP, IPS / IDS, firewalls, etc.
- Experience in cyber threat and vulnerability analysis and remediation
- Experience in forensic examination and Penetration testing tools
- Understanding of the system hardening processes, tools, guidelines and benchmarks.
- Understanding of encryption technologies.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science other related
- Information Security Certification (CISSP, GSEC, etc.) or other related security certification highly desired
- Experience with HIPAA Security Rule and International Privacy Laws
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.