Leader, Quality (West Carrollton)
US, US, OH - Dayton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: OH - Dayton
Responsible for planning and end results through leadership of team(s); defines roles and responsibilities, plans for the department’s future needs and operations and mentor Shareowners on performance.
Guided by long-term company goals and objectives and top priorities; helps determine approaches to managing processes, resolving operational issues, and resource management; contributes to the standards around which others will operate.
Frequently interacts with supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas, other company divisions or units, or customers and the company. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members of a team.
- Expert in the application of the FDA Quality System Regulations, ISO 13485 Quality System Standard, MDD, CMDR, JPAL and other applicable regulations
- Demonstrated experience in interpreting and applying regulations and standards (ISO, QSR, etc.) for Quality Management Systems that govern manufacturing and distribution of products worldwide
- Lead and motivate personnel from varied backgrounds and cultures in local and remote locations
- Ability to achieve efficiency and innovation goals without sacrificing quality in a manufacturing environment
- Understands technical aspects of manufacturing operations as they relate to delivery of product meeting specifications and customers’ expectations
- Literacy in IT based quality tools ranging from Manufacturing Execution Systems, Product Lifecycle Management to Statistical Process Control
- Proven strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- B.S. degree, preferably in a technical discipline, such as engineering or a physical science (M.S. degree is preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in a position of responsibility for establishing and/or maintaining the quality operations (QA/QC) of a medical device manufacturing organization, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Musculoskeletal experience and machining manufacturing experience highly desired.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.
Join one of our Talent Communities
Are you interested in joining NuVasive , but don't see the job opening that 's right for you? Join one of our talent communities and your information will be added to our prospect pool to be used when future positions open up!