Machinist Ti Turn - Weekend Warrior Nights - 4th shift
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: No travel required
Location: OH - West Carrollton
6th Shift Hours:
11:00 PM Friday - 11:30 AM Monday
Further discussion on shift/hours will be discussed at the interview.
Set up and operate CNC turning machine(s) as required according to specifications.
- Understand setup and programming concepts
- Know most/all G&M codes for program prove-out & editing
- Trouble Shooting and Problem Solving Skills with alarms/programs
- Loading and unloading programs into the machine
- Ensure the tooling in the machine match requirements of the tool list
- Gather fixtures, collets, tooling, and stops as needed
- Able to set up and run swiss turning machine
- Know formulas for spindle speed and feed rate
- Know all functions for presetting tools using pre-setter
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications using various measuring tools such as: calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers, CMM, and vision system
- Maintain organization and cleanliness, housekeeping and 5S of within work area, should maintain these areas at the highest degree possible and report any maintenance issues
- Stay on task and ensure current day scheduled work is completed on time
- Work with team to build and sustain safe working environment
- Follow all safety rules, report all accidents and unsafe conditions and wear all Personal Protective Equipment
- Enter information into the document history record and fill out the HPWT work center monitor
- Drive quality compliance using line clearance requirements, good document practices, workmanship standards, and 5S principles
- Confers with engineering, quality control, programming, or shareowners to resolve machining problems
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with all levels of the organization
- Help train and develop entry level machinists
- Use de-burring tools
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of experience on turning centers in a manufacturing environment
- Attendance and punctuality is required
- Understand, program and set-up basic to difficult programs
- Machinist: Experience w/star machine controls and G&M code programming
Preferred knowledge of gages, calipers, and micrometers.
- Prefer candidates with knowledge of a comparator and CMM.
- Previous experience in medical device manufacturing a plus.
- Completion of a Tech. College in Machining highly desirable
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.