Manager, Development Engineering
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
As a Manager on our Development team, you'll be responsible for ensuring successful end results as related to designing medical devices relevant to spine surgical procedures, in accordance to ISO, ASTM, and FDA regulations. You’ll define the roles and responsibilities of your team and create plans for the department’s future needs and operations. You’ll regularly interface with design surgeons, Marketing, Regulatory, Quality,and other functional groups, to design and develop devices and oversee projects from inception to product launch.
- Manage a team of Development Engineers to ensure on-time execution of New Product launches, by participating in project planning, design and phase review as well as audits and assist with mechanical designs and design history file documentation creation and approval
- Coach and mentor a team of Development Engineers to elevate overall performance, improve individual skillsets, and guide career progression.
- Oversee manufacturing partners to ensure complete, accurate and timely delivery of clinical product
- Approve purchase requests and other OPEX expenditures to stay within budget
- Create and maintain documentation relevant to design control and other applicable regulatory requirements
- Support products at trade shows and medical meetings
- Lead or support cadaver labs during surgeon education events and R&D labs
- Responsible for adherence to project delivery schedules and performance of duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8+ years of related experience in spine or orthopedics, preferable with posterior fixation implants, or Master’s degree with 2+ years experience
- Proven experience with project planning using tools such as MS Office
- Experience with CAD, preferably with Creo, Pro/E, or Solidworks
When applying to this role you will be completing a 15 – 20 minute assessment. Please make sure you have time to complete this assessment before initiating your application.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.