Manager, Field Logistics
US, US, TN - Memphis
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: TN - Memphis
In partnership with regional U.S. Commercial General Manager, provides strategic leadership and direction to optimize asset deployment within the region. Provides analytic forecasting and resource allocation to deliver assets according to forecast requirements, business models, and strategic opportunity realignment to improve performance and optimize utilization of assets.
Nature and Scope:
- Responsible for supervising a team comprised of non-exempt and exempt Shareowners; typically contributes to financial and resource planning and is responsible for results of team(s); manages the performance and development of assigned Fulfillment Specialist Team including management of performance metrics, effectiveness, and compliance.
- Guided by short and long-term objectives; improves processes in support of defined area objectives. Leads change management processes to ensure successful implementation and adoption of initiatives.
- Leads performance and collaboration across teams.
- Develop team members to increase business acumen and functional skills.
- Provide strategic direction to the assigned Fulfillment Specialist team.
- Ensures operational tracking tools are identified, including systems to meet the needs of the operations team and ensures accurate reporting and measurement.
- Utilizing hands-on inventory experience and in-depth understanding of supply chain principles and company practices, performs supply chain distribution activities, inventory analysis and report generation with the objective to supply the right inventory at the right time in the operating room at lowest overall cost.
- Supervises, establishes and coordinates delivery for surgical schedules. Ensures the flow of assets and parts between or within smaller geographies of a region.
- Creates and manages distributed inventory within assigned region.
- Provides dedicated functional and operational support to the U.S. Commercial Team to optimize business planning and surgery execution.
- Partners closely with regional Commercial team to ensure thorough alignment with sales processes, quota attainment, and operating cadence execution.
- Executes New Product Introduction (NPI) within region.
- Designs and institutes analytical rigor to asset planning, utilization and delivery within region.
- Fosters relationship between designated Fulfillment Specialist and assigned Sales Teams.
- Effects comprehensive in-service of NuVasive product updates to all concerned individuals notifying of policy/program modifications and availability adjustments.
- Works closely with Logistics, Regional Commercial and respective Operational teams on planning and prioritization and implementation of sales organization initiatives.
- Develops thorough knowledge of all peripheral access of product availability updates and operational/sales process changes.
- Establishes regular communication cadence between Field Logistics and Regional team in assigned geography.
- Informs Regional General Manager significant changes/challenges with customer accounts.
- Reports customer complaints in accordance with NuVasive complaint procedure.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree (MBA Strongly Preferred); or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of production planning, including forecasting, operating requirements, field logistics and distribution flow.
- Advanced experience with business systems including business intelligence tools such as COGNOS, Tableau, Power BI.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule and travel to meet organizational needs as it pertains to role.
- Advanced user of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Advanced user means that the person is able to build databases, use pivot tables and other advanced functions in the programs. Must be able to perform advanced searches for information using the internet and will need to routinely review the data in analyst reports for inconsistencies.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, company policy and procedure manuals. Ability to write business reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, and management of organization. Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages and statistical analysis.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Medical Device industry experience ideal
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.