US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
This is an exciting opportunity for a Driven Network Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team as you engage in both projects and operations. You will leverage your existing networking experience as you tackle multi-site projects, upgrades, standard maintenance and problem solving. There are no silos here. You should be a committed network engineer looking to get to the next level. Because you take pride in your work, you understand the importance of change control, maintenance windows, and high availability. Hitting milestones and deadlines is part of your nature so you enjoy partnering with team members to ensure on-time delivery. With an eye on continual improvement, you possess a great can-do attitude and openly share ideas to help the Team improve.
As a Network Engineer at NuVasive, you will be an integral part of the IT team as you administer and implement network & telecom systems as you support NuVasive’s explosive growth.
- Administers and implements network & Telecom systems
- Provides network support: resolves problems and answer questions related to the Network & Telecom systems
- Contacts vendor and carrier support when necessary to resolve network problems and/or outages
- Ensures that the network is running at optimum speed and efficiency through monitoring and optimization
- Installs, configures, and document Network & Telecom systems
- Administers, maintains, secure, supports network systems
- Plans, coordinates, designs, tests, and implements technical solutions for multiple concurrent projects
- Participates in on-call rotation for high level network support
- Perform technical analysis of software, hardware, network, and telecom systems
- Maintains and operates network monitoring and diagnostic equipment for capacity planning, maintenance and diagnostic purposes.
- Communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Provides technical support regarding network operations, problems, and malfunctions.
- Performs diagnostic tests, notes symptoms, gathers relevant problem/malfunction facts and data from users
- Serves as the technical contact in the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies
- Coordinates service calls and schedules appointments with service providers to ensure satisfactory resolution of problems and malfunctions
- Prepares network diagrams, flow charts, graphic presentations, and narrative reports to recommend improvements or resolve problems.
- 3+ years’ experience in a network environment.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting multiple locations.
- Cisco voice and collaboration experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of routing network protocols
- Exceptional skills in a CLI base language (Cisco IOS / Powershell)
- Understanding and knowledge in each of these areas/technologies:
- Wireless experience a plus
- Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewall experience a plus
- End User / Site Support and Trouble Shooting
- System Admin Experience
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.