US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: High School/Equivalent
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
We have an exciting opportunity for a Network Engineer to join our Infrastructure team to drive engagement in both projects and operations. As our engineer, you'll leverage your technical network expertise when tackling multi-site projects, upgrades, standard maintenance and problem solving. There are no silos here. You're a committed network engineer looking to get to the next level. Because you take pride in your work, you understand the importance of change control, maintenance windows, and high availability. Hitting milestones and deadlines are part of your nature so you'll enjoy partnering with team members to ensure on-time delivery. With an eye on continual improvement, you possess a great can-do attitude and openly share ideas to help the Team improve.
As our Network Engineer at NuVasive, you'll be an integral part of our IT team, administering and implementing network & telecom systems, supporting our company's explosive growth.
- Provide network support by resolving problems and answering questions related to the Network & Telecom systems, including partnering with vendors and carrier support to resolve network problems and/or outages
- Ensure the network is running at optimum speed and efficiency through monitoring and optimization
- Install, configure, and document Network & Telecom systems
- Administer, maintain, secure, supports network systems
- Plan, coordinate, design, test, and implement technical solutions for multiple concurrent projects
- Participate in on-call rotation for high level network support
- Perform technical analysis of software, hardware, network, and telecom systems
- Maintain and operate network monitoring and diagnostic equipment for capacity planning, maintenance and diagnostic purposes.
- Provide technical support regarding network operations, problems, and malfunctions.
- Perform diagnostic tests, notes symptoms, gathers relevant problem/malfunction facts and data from users
- Serve as the technical contact in the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies
- Coordinate service calls and schedules appointments with service providers to ensure satisfactory resolution of problems and malfunctions
- Prepare network diagrams, flow charts, graphic presentations, and narrative reports to recommend improvements or resolve problems.
- 3+ years’ experience in a network environment, supporting multiple locations
- Cisco voice and collaboration experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of routing network protocols
- Exceptional skills in a CLI base language (Cisco IOS / Powershell)
- Solid understanding and knowledge of Firewalls and Routers
- Wireless experience a plus
- Palo Alto and Cisco ASA firewall experience a plus
- End User / Site Support and Trouble Shooting
- System Admin Experience
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.