Neurophysiologist -- Albany, NY
US, US, Field
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Field State: New York
Reports To: Area Manager
Summary: The Neurophysiologist is responsible for the acquisition of neurophysiological intraoperative data while working in tandem with a consulting Neurologist. This includes but is not limited to assessments, testing, the collection and interpretation of data, the completion of clinical reports and billing forms.
Scope: As a vital member of the surgical team, the Neurophysiologist assesses the patient, provides clinical data to the consulting physician, participates in the planning of intraoperative monitoring modalities appropriate to the surgical procedure, prepares the patient for and acquires intraoperative neurophysiological signals and completes post-operative reports/invoices.
- Where possible, explain test procedures to the patient in a manner that can be understood by a non-clinical person
- Perform brief neuro exam to access preoperative clinical condition of patient appropriate to level of training, education and competence of a Neurophysiologist
- Measure and accurately apply recording electrodes in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Anesthesiologist regarding optimum delivery of anesthesia based on clinical assessment
- Communicate with consulting physician in a timely manner providing clinical and projected surgery information in order for the monitoring to be planned and executed accordingly
- Respond timely and appropriatelywith the consulting Physician throughout the duration of the procedure to set up and choose optimum IOM modalities ensuring highest potential for positive post-surgical outcome.
- Calibrate, evaluate and adjust equipment to optimize recording and stimulation parameters while acquiring superior quality data
- Effectively troubleshoot when necessaryin tandem with the consulting Physician
- Identify standard waveform patterns and abnormal waveform patterns with an understanding of clinical variants that influence recorded IOM modalities
- Service minded, willing to do whatever it takes to provide outstanding client service to surgeon and hospital clients
- Team Player, willing to do whatever it takes to support fellow clinicians
- Ability to cover weekend rotations
- Upload case reports immediately following all cases before leaving hospital
- Submit expense reports in a timely manner
- Fulfill additional administrative responsibilities as requested by a manager
- Be creative in ways to identify new business growth opportunities
- Be diligent in ways to reduce costs while maintaining premium quality service
- Active participation in team and company meetings
- Willingness to attend industry events for continuing education and professional development
- Maintain updated credentials and carry a hard copy to every case to ensure timely and proper access to hospital facilities
- CNIM eligible
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in a science field (Bioscience or Biomedical engineering, etc) and/or registration with an ABRET accredited program
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Must have 24/7/365 access to a car and be willing to travel to any client at any time
- Use of a smartphone as a means of communicating and attending to email and other administrative responsibilities
- Possible exposure to hazardous materials with communicable diseases with minimal chance of harm if proper precautions are followed
- Ability to travel to different work sites as required
- Required to lift supplies/equipment up to 40lbs
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- May require ability to stoop, kneel, crawl and bend
- Requires use of smart phone for regular duty and/or “on call” instances
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
When applying to this role you will be completing a 20 – 30 minute assessment. Please make sure you have enough time to thoughtfully complete the assessment before initiating your application. We look forward to learning more about your qualifications for the role! Thank you for your time.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.