US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
Our Packaging Engineer is responsible for design, development, validation and implementation of a variety of simple to complex packaging projects supporting new products and sustaining projects. You will also be leading projects of varied scope requiring different stakeholders or cross-functional team efforts. You’ll provide support to sterile packaging operations at our internal and external sterile manufacturing facilities. As our Packing Engineer, you’ll be a subject matter expert in packaging / labeling equipment, processes, and software for existing operations.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Related work experience in the packaging, medical or regulated industry
· Knowledge of packaging test methodology per ASTM standards
· Understanding of packaging materials’ capabilities and equipment
· Experience in a manufacturing environment for designing, specifying, assembling, and validating packaging / labeling equipment, processes, and software
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Knowledge of statistical techniques
· Experience with equipment and process validations, including development of protocols and execution of protocols
· Knowledge of equipment and tools in laboratory testing and inspection systems.
· Understanding of physical and structure package testing procedures.
· Knowledge of GMP/FDA regulations preferred.
· Ability to create and work from engineering drawings; experience with Creo or Pro-E or other CAD software
· Understanding of medical device processes and effect on packaging preferred
· Successful experience leading project teams is preferred.