Process Improvement Manager
US, US, OH - West Carrollton
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: OH - West Carrollton
- An established Industrial Engineer with a drive ambition to work with NuVasive at our state of the art medical manufacturer site in West Carrollton, Ohio.
- Establishing the framework to drive a continuous improvement culture
- Training, leading and directing process improvement teams.
- Establishes governance model for programs or projects as applicable.
- Providing organization leadership, project management direction and training in areas that need improvement.
- Ensuring the kaizen events projects are properly planned / executed / sustained.
- Conducting training in skills including value stream mapping, 6S, Kaizen events, Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA), removing waste within processes, cycle time reduction, cost reduction, quality and reliability improvement.
- Utilizing Six Sigma and Lean methodologies to reduce variation and increase stability in existing products and processes.
- Oversee projects from initiation through release, ensuring projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Prior experience implementing lean practices in a Medical Device Industry or complex distribution organizations required.
- Exceptional understanding of the Lean/Six Sigma toolbox.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- At least 9-11 years previous experience in technical positions within in a Class II or III medical device manufacturing facility.
· Ability to deliver training on Six Sigma and Lean
- Project planning and execution responsibilities.
- Experience in project\program management, aability to handle multiple projects having unstructured scoping.
- Ability to build a process improvement culture, demonstrating flexibility and initiative in achieving the desired outcome.
- Excellent analytical skills: Review and provide direction on projects/ programs (Data driven approach).
- Six Sigma/Lean certification at a Black Belt or higher level.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of manufacturing technology transfers.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to travel to support business meetings and projects: travel around 10-20% will be required.
- Medical Device experience a plus.
- Experience building a functional team.
- Familiarity with CNC machining environments.
- Master's preferred.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.