Product Manager - Intraoperative Neuromonitoring
US, US, CA - San Diego
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 25%
Location: CA - San Diego
As a Product Manager on our Surgical Intelligence team at NuVasive, you are someone who has exhibited passion, leadership, strong communication, and strategic thinking. In this role, you will be the marketing lead for the development and commercialization of our next generation Intraoperative Neuromonitoring (IOM) product line.
Because you are results-oriented and take pride in optimizing profit while exceeding customer expectations, you will work with a team to achieve financial and growth objectives through the delivery of innovative IOM technologies to drive better patient care and improved hospital economics. You're experienced working with Key Opinion Leaders and fostering relationships to identify trends and prioritize opportunities because you have an incredibly strong ability to communicate, present effectively and organize information.
- Provide marketing leadership for the development and commercialization of NuVasive’s next generation Intraoperative Neuromonitoring (IOM) product line.
- Partner with electrical, software, mechanical and quality engineering teams to coordinate the development of IOM technology
- Act as the “Product Owner” in support of the software development scrum team and project stage gate process
- Cultivate relationships and advocacy among IOM customers, KOL’s and consultants including surgeons, neurophysiologists, neurologists and sales.
- Create, manage, coordinate and execute all marketing strategies and implement tactical plans related to this new IOM platform. This includes marketing and sales support materials, education and training initiatives, and promotional activities.
- Conduct IOM marketing analysis to define functional requirements and market opportunities for new and emerging products and procedural solutions. Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the relevant markets through customer needs assessments, knowledge of competitive options, market opportunity assessments and incorporate this information into the planning, development, and execution of business goals and objectives.
- Establish a marketing budget for the assigned products and manage expenses related to the business as needed.
- Work directly with our sales team, motivating them, and creating content to help drive effective messaging surrounding your portfolio that will enable a sales force to successfully sell your product.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Marketing or Business Management
- 5+ years related experience in Product Marketing or Product Management
- Successful product ownership with upstream and downstream marketing initiatives
- Computer savvy with extensive experience with MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong communication skills and the ability write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, and effectively present information to a wide audience.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% of the time.
- Experience working with Intraoperative Neuromonitoring products
- Experience working with Medical Devices
- Willingness to be in a cadaver lab throughout the product lifecycle as you work with a variety of internal/external resources on design iterations.
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here.
NuVasive, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUVA) is the leader in spine technology innovation, focused on transforming spine surgery and beyond with minimally invasive, procedurally-integrated solutions designed to deliver reproducible and clinically-proven surgical outcomes.The Company’s portfolio includes access instruments, implantable hardware, biologics, software systems for surgical planning, navigation and imaging solutions, magnetically adjustable implant systems for spine and orthopedics, and intraoperative monitoring service offerings. With $962 million in revenues (2016), NuVasive has an approximate 2,300 person workforce in more than 40 countries serving surgeons, hospitals and patients. For more information, please visit www.nuvasive.com.